Late summer and fall are busy times of the year. There are back-to-school routines and hectic work schedules that demand time and attention. Working longer in-office hours and dealing with at-home pressures can make it challenging to devote time to your own business. However, there are a few tips and tricks that can help you make the most of every day.
- Be prepared for the next day. Lay out work clothes and make lunches the night before. This will make mornings less hectic, reducing stress for the rest of the day.
- Double your recipes. Making meals is rewarding and often healthy, but usually time consuming. When you’re taking the time to put together good food for you and your family, make sure to prepare extra servings, specifically to use on another day. Leftovers are schedule-friendly meals that will help you have more time to devote to your business on another day.
- Have a plan. When it’s time to work on your business, know what you’re going to accomplish. A list of top priorities will ensure that you get the essentials done every day.
- Leave your business at home. Don’t let the day job and your business cross over – focus on each job, one at a time. You’ll get more done in the office, which will help you avoid more late-night work days. If you need to check in on a customer or do some maintenance on your business, wait until lunch or a time when you can give it your full attention.
- Use technology. Smartphones, tablets, mobile apps and social media have made it easier than ever to build your business on-the-go. Take advantage of these tools. If you’re riding home in a carpool, for example, maximize your time by engaging with potential customers on Facebook.
So how do you turn busy days into business-building success stories? Comment and share your tips!