The horror genre has had a revival in the last decade. The latest horror movie to hit the theaters Paranormal Activity has been generating a lot of buzz. With Halloween approaching we wanted to compile a list of the scariest movies of the decade for anyone thinking about screening a horror marathon before the 31st.
- The Ring – (2002) A journalist, who loses her niece to a mysterious incident, investigate and then discovers a cursed video tape, which gives the view 7 days to live.
- Red Dragon – (2002) The predecessor to the Hannibal Lector series. Hannibal Lector aids in the investigation of the serial killer known as “The Tooth Fairy”.
- 28 Days Later – (2002) Four weeks after an unexplained, terminal virus spreads throughout the UK, a handful of survivors try to find refuge.
- Land of the Dead – (2005) The living dead have taken over the world, and the last humans live in a walled city to protect themselves as they come to terms with the situation.
- The Others – (2001) A woman who lives in a dark old house with her two photosensitive children becomes convinced that her family home is haunted.
- Saw – (2004) two men wake up, with a dead body lying between them, in the secure lair of a serial killer who’s been nicknamed “Jigsaw” by the police because of his strange calling card.
- The Descent – (2005) A caving expedition goes horribly wrong, as the explorers become trapped and eventually pursued by a bizarre breed of predators.
- Hannibal – (2001) Hannibal returns to America and attempts to make contact with disgraced Agent Starling and survive a vengeful victim’s plan.
- Slither – (2006) A small town is taken over by an alien plague, turning residents into zombies and all forms of mutant monsters.
- Constantine – (2005) Based on the DC/Vertigo comic book Hellblazer, Constantine tells the story of irreverent supernatural detective John Constantine, who has literally been to hell and back.
So what’s your list of Scariest Movies from this past decade?