In these economic times, everyone is looking for a way to save a few bucks. So here are some money saving tips for traveling to International Convention this year:
- Adjust your heating and cooling systems at home to save money and energy while you are not there.
- If flying, book flights early to save on rising fares, or use a travel site such as travelocity.
- Ask as friend to drop you off at the airport instead of paying for parking.
- Most airlines are charging up to $15 per 50lb bag so bring only one and weigh it before you leave the house.
- If possible, coordinate with others traveling from your hometown to carpool or even organize a bus for a large group.
- Share a hotel room with one of your fellow travelers, and be sure to check out the special rates at the host hotel. Don’t forget to mention you are with Market America for your low rate.
- Check with the local Convention and Visitors Bureau for coupons to receive discounts at local restaurants.
- Stop at the grocery store and stock up on snacks and bottled water, so you aren’t eating at a restaurant every meal.
- Take advantage of the hotel’s coffee maker and skip the Starbucks run.
- Take advantage of discounted bus transportation to and from the coliseum- call 1-800-344-1541 for more info.
Looking forward to seeing everyone at this year’s International Convention in Greensboro, NC!